Are you someone who has always loved helping others?
A career in Health Science holds an array of possibilities to help people and make a lasting impact. Whether you specialize in sports medicine or strive to become a physician, the Health Science program will help teach you the skills you need to succeed. Students in this pathway will have the opportunity to get industry specific certifications such as a first aid/CPR certification, food handlers license etc.
Through the application of skills specific to health science students will also have the opportunity to meet grade level and subject specific standards in a self-paced applied learning environment. Students in this pathway will ultimately be able to obtain a registered apprenticeship and a high school diploma.
Skills you'll learn in this program
- Learn First Aid, CPR/AED and how to take precautions to prevent the spread of bloodborne pathogens
- Learn Sports Medicine techniques such as injury prevention and evaluation, and rehabilitation
- Learn techniques such as taping, bracing, and wrapping for various injuries
- Learn about nutrition and create nutrition plans
- Develop and improve employability skills, such as communication, leadership, and positive work habits
- Explore career options in the healthcare field
- You will have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge in Anatomy and Physiology, a prerequisite for most careers in medicine
- Hands-on healthcare skills
Career Options & Salary Range
The wonderful thing about this field is that you have an array of career options to consider. Whether you want to dive right in after high school, or continue on to get your doctorate degree you’ll hopefully find a path that you are passionate about. Below are some careers that might be open to you if you pursue Health Science at the Innovation Center.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Pharmacy Aide
- Dental Lab Tech
Vocational Training, Related On-the-Job Experience, or Associate Degree
- Fitness Trainer
- Health Information Technologists/Registrar
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Community Health Worker
- Athletic Trainer
- Medical and Clinical Lab Technologist
- Bioengineers and Biomedical Engineer
Bachelor's and Advanced Degrees
- Physical Therapist
- Registered Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- General Internal Medicine Physician