Are you someone who has always loved helping others?
A career in Health Science holds an array of possibilities to help people and make a lasting impact. Whether you specialize in sports medicine or strive to become a physician, the Health Science program will help teach you the skills you need to succeed. Students in this pathway will have the opportunity to get industry specific certifications such as a first aid/CPR certification, food handlers license etc.
Through the application of skills specific to health science students will also have the opportunity to meet grade level and subject specific standards in a self-paced applied learning environment. Students in this pathway will ultimately be able to obtain a registered apprenticeship and a high school diploma.
Skills you'll learn in this program
- Learn First Aid, CPR/AED and how to take precautions to prevent the spread of bloodborne pathogens
- Learn Sports Medicine techniques such as injury prevention and evaluation, and rehabilitation
- Learn techniques such as taping, bracing, and wrapping for various injuries
- Learn about nutrition and create nutrition plans
- Develop and improve employability skills, such as communication, leadership, and positive work habits
- Explore career options in the healthcare field
- You will have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge in Anatomy and Physiology, a prerequisite for most careers in medicine
- Hands-on healthcare skills